SWS understands that each child is unique and hence does not believe in comparison. The curriculum is designed and delivered, to cater to all multiple Intelligences ie visual, auditory and kinesthetic.
SWS will make your child confident and responsible, as our teaching methodology inculcates freedom of understanding though analysis. The overall brain development exercises are done regularly, since up to age 6, this is most important for every child.
Gross Motor Skills, Fine Motor Skills, Logic, Hand Eye Coordination, Observation and Problem Solving.
SWS has devised a lot of apparatus and learning aids, with measurable rubrics that can clearly show the progress of each child.
We believe in age appropriate curriculum, hence students are admitted to class Nursery at the age of 3+ as on 31st May.
SWS follows activity based teaching methodology. The students learn by doing. We prepare the students with readiness of Reading, Writing and Numbers.
All our Lesson plans have the element of values. We have a full curriculum for social etiquette. Moreover our philosophy revolves around all activities done throughout the day / year which help in the most important value education of living life unconditionally happy.
To give him / her a very strong foundation as needed through research done by educationalists.
The admissions start in December for the academic year starting from next June / July. Yes, we do take students through the year.
b. Health Certificate of the child. (Format will be provided by the School)
c. Recent passport photographs of the child. (2)
d. Passport photographs of the parents. (1 each)
e. Copy of previous school report card
f. Aadhar Card
g. School Leaving / Transfer Certificate (Counter signed by Education board if not CBSE)
|Admission sought to class||Should be of Age as on 31st May 2016||Born on or before|
|Class NURSERY||3 years||31st May 2013|
|Class LKG||4 years||31st May 2012|
|Class UKG||5 years||31st May 2011|
|Class I||6 years||30th Nov 2010|
Yes, for both administrative and academic issues separately. Parenting workshops are compulsory for parents to attend.
The parents can make an appointment and meet on working Saturdays if required. We meet twice a year for one to one meetings by appointments and twice on open days apart from other events when parents are invited.
Regular communication takes place via email, mostly for circulars and other major documents. We communicate for day to day activities regularly through the diary.
A child learns the mother tongue at home and can easily learn another language in school. We start a language in the sequence of LSRW – Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
We believe in individual readiness. The child will read and write when he/ she is ready. The writing process occur when the child’s Fine Motor Skills are developed enough to ensure readiness.
Text books limit our learning and our concept is to learn beyond text books by doing activities etc. Today, information is available at our finger tips. So, we want the students to be prepared to extract information and apply it whenever required and not just limit themselves to text books. They need to learn skills and application and not mere information.
Children have a lot of energy which we need to direct appropriately and optimally .In school they are interacting with other children and learning while playing.
Through the means of audio and visual aids, we ensure that children learn. Hence we show them animated videos which are educational in nature.
- Being with our children with body, mind, heart and soul. NO phones or computer.
- Share stories of the day and enjoy time with them.
- Play with them Eg. A game of chess, Carrom, monopoly, any other board game, puzzles.
- Talk to them like a friend,
- Read along with them
- Involve them in our work – cooking, house work or our office work.
- Dancing together.
- Making a project together, doing art and craft, sitting with them while they complete their school work
- Narrating a poem / story,
- Just singing or playing an instrument,
- Play card games, cycle together, walk or play on the beach together, become a child with them, simple games like catch and cook, seven tiles, Frisbee, dog in the bone etc.
- At times go for an activity outside,
- Watch TV / play or work with the computer, video game TOGETHER.
- HUG them and hold them in your arms as long as comfortable, increase the duration every time.
- Give them a listening ear, undivided attention.
- Provide them with opportunities, resources and means not just for fulfilling our duty, nor for living our dreams through them.
- Sometimes postpone our programmes because of our children and their needs / priorities.
- Never tell them that it is ok if the school work is not done or say anything negative about the school, or anyone, in front of the child.
- Involve yourself and come to child’s school for a function / open day / meeting.
We prepare students for a new world that we have not yet seen. Other schools are preparing them to cope up in today’s World.
We request you to kindly attend all school functions and activities. We want you to take time out of your busy schedules to visit the school at least 6 -7 times in a year. This little gesture will be remembered by your child all of their lives and will help in inculcating good values and morals.
We are a school with a difference. we have a good student to teacher ratio, well paid staff, well researched developed curriculum and set up. We pride ourselves on a unique philosophy to help your child develop a unique mindset of entrepreneurship.
Researchers examined test performance among elementary children, when the teacher put pressure on the students in an attempt to create a more high stress environment. Their findings showed that students performed worse in high threat situations and experienced more test anxiety and worrisome thoughts, than when in a low threat environment.
- Joy of learning is inbuilt in everyone, it disappears because of exams.
- Child centric teaching/ learning
- Assessment is a continuous conversation – CCE and no ranking
- Collaborative learning – learning together, mutually, shared, both ways
- Parental involvement
- Both have to be passionate about teaching /learning
- Sensitive & caring to each other
- Friendly & humorous learning environment
- Inspiring & motivational for both
- Teachers, parents& students are an inseparable entity, they are a TEAM